VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR SELECTION OF SOCIAL MOBILIZERS AND COMMUNITY VOLUNTEERS
Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria NEPWHAN 35 Justice Sowemimo Street, Off T.Y. Danjuma Street, Asokoro Abuja
PROJECT: Community Led Monitoring(UN Basket Fund)
POSITIONS: Social Mobilizers and Community Volunteers
(10 Community Volunteers per State and 6 Social mobilizers per State)
COVERAGE STATES: Lagos, FCT, Kano, Oyo, Edo, Rivers, Ogun, Kaduna, Borno, Gombe, Bauchi Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto and Akwa Ibom.
COVERAGE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS: Two LGA will be covered per State. So, community volunteers and social mobilizers should be selected within the coverage LGA and also resident in those LGA. See the table below for list of LGA covered in each State.
DEADLINE: All applications are expected to reach the national office by Friday 25th September, 2020.
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OF A COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER
- Priority will be given to members of PLHIV and / or KPLHIV support group.
- Potential candidate should be resident in the implementation Local Governmantt Area and State where he/she is assigned.
- Understands the predominant Nigerian Languages (English or Pidgin English).
- Understand the local language of the people.
- They should have had prior work experience and involvement in a lot of HIV related activities e.g. demand creation for HIV services, community engagement inclusive of mentor mothers, partner notification services etc.
- Members from the Networks who have capacity to participate in surveillance activities particularly who have been involved in surveillance or other health related activities at community level should be prioritized for engagement.
- They should be community members based there in the selected LGAs and community and have good knowledge of the local terrain and can therefore be actively deployed to render contact tracing and case finding services.
- They should have attained a minimum of secondary school education to be considered for selection as community volunteers.
- Community members who have worked with NEPWHAN as treatment adherencesupporters, M&E Officers Case managers and Mentot Mothers etc, would be prioritised.
COMMUNITY VOLUNTEERS TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support case identification, contact tracing, follow-up, and monitoring in the ward(s)
- Support active case search in the health care facilities
- Assist in distribution of IEC materials to the community
- Transmit key health messages on COVID-19 and HIV including basic elements of mental health and psychosocial support to families through house-to-house visits
- Prompt dissemination of information to surveillance team
- Institute prompt feedback from the surveillance team to the community
- Serve as liaison officer between the community and the rapid response teams
- Participate in data collection and reporting from the community and health care facilities
- Linking community members with COVID-19 sample collection site & HIV centers
- Collation of data from community members that require sample collection
- Follow up cases on self-isolation (home based care) in line with standard protocol on home visits/home care
- Give feedback on field activities to your supervisor
- Participate in other activities as assigned by supervisors
EXPECTED NUMBER OF COMMUNITY VOLUNTEERS AND SOCIAL MOBILIZERS FROM EACH STATE.
- Total Number of Social Mobilizers per State is 6(4 persons from NEPWHAN as 2 from ASWHAN).
- Total number of Community Volunteers per state is 10(7 NEPWHAN and 3 ASWHAN).
Total number expected from each State is 16 people (11 NEPWHAN and 5 ASWHAN)
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Interested Community volunteers and Social Mobilizers should submit one Page CV to NEPWHAN/ASWHAN Coordinators in their States (ASWHAN members should submit to ASWHAN while NEPWHAN members should submit to NEPWHAN Coordinator)
- NEPWHAN State Coordinator should identify 4 social mobilizers and 7 community volunteers that meets expected criteria and send their names to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- ASWHAN State Coordinators should identify 2 social mobilizer sand 3 community volunteers that meets expected criteria and send their names to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
All NEPWHAN State Coordinators are expected to work with ASWHAN State coordinators to ensure they follow the selection process correctly.
Number of community volunteers and Social Mobilizers per state
|States||LGAs||Total Community Volunteers (CVs)||NEPWHAN CVs||ASHWAN CVs||Total Social Mobilizers (SMs)||NEPWHAN SMs||ASHWAN SMs|
|Lagos||Kosofe, Ibeju Lekki||10||7||3||6||4||2|
|FCT||Kuje, Municipal Area Council||10||7||3||6||4||2|
|Kano||Kano Municipal, Tarauni||10||7||3||6||4||2|
|Oyo||Ibadan, Oyo East||10||7||3||6||4||2|
|Rivers||Obio/Akpor, Port Harcourt||10||7||3||6||4||2|
|Ogun||Shagamu, Abeokuta South||10||7||3||6||4||2|
|Kaduna||Kaduna North, Igabi||10||7||3||6||4||2|
|Delta||Warri South, Uvnwie||10||7||3||6||4||2|
|Ebonyi||Abakaliki, Afikpo North||10||7||3||6||4||2|
|Sokoto||Wamakko, Sokoto South||10||7||3||6||4||2|
|Akwa Ibom||Eket, Uyo||10||7||3||6||4||2|