Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN)
35, Justice Sowemimo Street, Off T.Y. Danjuma Street, Asokoro Abuja
Network of People Living with HIV and AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN) is an indigenous non -governmental organization, established in 1998 to serve as a collective voice of PLHIV in Nigeria. The Network coordinates, supervises and monitors programs and activities of Support Groups of People Living with HIV/AID in Nigeria. The organization is registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Nigeria as a charity, non-profit and non-governmental organization. The Network has established structures at the six geopolitical zones and the 36 State of the Federation, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). It coordinates the affairs of Support Groups’ membership across the Federation, as the umbrella administrative body of all support groups of people living with HIV in Nigeria.
As a Sub-Recipient to FHI360 on the Global Fund National Alignment of HIV Impact (NAHI) Grant, NEPWHAN is implementing the Care and Support Component of the Grant in 2 States, which includes
Anambra and Ebonyi States.
In view of this, we seek applications from qualified candidates for the above positions.
JOB TITLE: MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work under the supervision of the Senior M&E Officer to ensure smooth operation of NEPWHAN’s monitoring and evaluation activities on the Project. S/he is primarily responsible for coordinating the project’s data collection and reporting activities in the State. S/he will also supervise data collection and reporting activities of case managers (providing community care and support services) at Service Delivery Points (SDP) within the project catchment area in the State.
Location: Anambra and Ebonyi States
Job type: Full time
Duration: 3 Years
- Provide technical support to service providers (Case Managers/Mentor Mothers) at service delivery points to intensify service provision and documentation of services provided.
- Provide technical support to enable service providers understand project job aids/SoP, definition and interpretation of project indicators/data elements etc.
- Liaise with facility focal persons in various units of the facility (ART, ANC, PMTCT, Record/M&E unit, Lab, referral focal persons, etc) to harmonize data reported by the case managers/Mentor Mothers.
- Works with primary service providers (Case Managers) to resolve questions, inconsistencies or missing data, and verifies accuracy of data before entry.
- Inform the Facility M&E focal person, State/national NEPWHAN of perceived risks that need to be resolved, such as inconsistent or missing data that cannot be resolved by looking through the source documents.
- Provide orientation/technical support to Case managers/Mentor Mothers on use of community tools and harmonization of same with facility records before preparation of Month Summary Forms (MSF).
- Collect completed LGA/Facility MSF from Case Manager and prepare state MSF for the period.
- Prompt entry of paper-based data summary into the DHIS at allowable timeline.
- Guide the service providers on continuous update of patient records in the case of incomplete entries on source documents (as required, following validations).
- Perform routine data quality analysis on the database and work with service providers to make justifiable corrections from source documents.
- Conduct spot check on support groups during project-based support group meeting and provide technical support to improve support group meeting documents.
- Mobilize community members for community dialogue meetings and conduct spot check during implementation of community dialogue meetings.
- Back up data to necessary devices according to standard procedures.
- Generates summary reports and responds to inquiries/quarries regarding electronic data issues.
- Updating the facility Change Management Procedure register (CMP) from the database, based on DQA results.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining an effective and efficient data management system with good audit trail.
Perform any other duty (related to the project) assigned by the SPC and/or unit leads of other department of NEPWHAN National as it relates to other components of the grant – program, finance/audit and administrative issues.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter by e-mail to the
National Coordinator, Network of People living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN),
through: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail. Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted for interview. Applicants are advised to provide functional e-mail and mobile phone numbers on the application letter. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: Monday, 25th January, 2021